Saturday, December 13, 2008

Mom

My Mom came to visit me in New York last weekend. I wish I were able to better show her how much I enjoy her company and admire her in all of her actions and her mentality towards life. Not matter how much I tell myself to show her and let her know there’s some sort of block. Around her I show the side of myself I hate. The side so easily frustrated and agitated by the world. I complain to her constantly. How can she say she thinks highly of me when this is all she sees How can she continually stay so complimentary? How does she do it?

It is because she is who she is. She is wise- so wise while still being the single most humble individual I know. She is open, kind and works harder than anyone to be non-judgmental. She is so beautiful she shines.
I am flying home to Los Angeles now. I am going to try my absolute hardest to to show her how I am to the rest of the world. I am not going to be the ugly me to my mother this weekend. And I am going to tell her how beautiful I think she is. I want her to know how she shines in my eyes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the simple answer is that your Mom is wise.

I think a more complex answer is because she loves you dearly. I remember your Mom once said the best thing about raising kids is that it's a joy to watch them start from little people and become "... the most interesting people you've ever met".

Like anyone else who truly loves you she sees no ugly. No matter how much you complain, no matter if you have zits on your face, no matter if you have bags of stress under your eyes. She loves you, and the beauty she sees in you transcends all.

Be yourself. That is who she loves. That is who she sees as the beautiful you. She admires you like it's her whole world... but mothers also always like hearing how much you love and appreciate them ;) .