Los Angeles, CA
Four eyes is what Love called me as I crawled in bed with him this morning. I was wearing my glasses (a rare occasion outside of work). I’m home this week. I’m home this week because I was supposed to be called in to Jury Duty. But this is how it works in California: You’re on call that week and then you may or may not be actually called in. I was actually called in this morning. I packed up my laptop, books, and magazines and prepared to spend my day sitting around and waiting then getting interviewed for a trial. Instead when I got there, I was allowed to request “postponement”. I postponed myself for several months. This is a WONDERFUL thing, because I was loosing serious sleep last night with concerns around being called to serve on a trial and missing my race this weekend.
My race this weekend… for those of you who don’t know, I’m flying to Oregon on Friday morning. I’ll be running a 197 mile relay race with 11 other people. Don’t worry, I’m not running all of the 197 miles. I’ll only be doing about 15 miles of it. The race starts at 7 PM on Friday evening and we’ll be running all night. We start at the base of Mt. Hood and we finish at the Ocean. I’m doing it with a team consisting of work people… my “corporate” team. I AM PUMPED. It’s been TOO long since I last raced and what a CRAZY way to get back in the game. I’ll be running at 7 PM, 11ish and 4ish. That’s 4 AM! It’s going to be such an adventure.
I finish there and head out to Nashville, TN for our tri-annual conference. Work. Eh. Work is, well work is done… for this trimester, at least. I start fresh and new again in two weeks- two weeks from today, actually. My new team kicks off in Connecticut. I don’t know where I’ll actually spend the review, but I know I’ll be starting in Danbury, CT. I’ll be working on a Merger and Acquisition, which I’m looking forward to. This last review was a shit show. It’s sad, because given the nature of the work we were doing, it could have been SO COOL. But instead, it was a disaster. I don’t know who to blame? Was it because of our senior manager who was an unstable insane and quasi emotionally abusive, or the senior management who decided to scope our team on the review with such a short time-line and crazy expectations. Regardless, I did my very best. I worked my butt off when I was there and tried to be as helpful as possible. I was sent to help on this review after I had finished with my own investigations… which were also a shit show in their own right. Oh well. It’s done. My heart’s not in it and all motivation is gone. I hope I’m able to get excited about the next review at conference.
OH! One perk to the end of the review… I was in FLORENCE! I know I talked about this in the last entry, but it only got better. It was a wonderful experience. Love came to visit for a long weekend and that was healing for me. Grounding for us. It’s going to take time but we’re forming a good base, he and I. I’m happy with him. Still happier in his arms then anywhere else.
I don’t know what else to write today. I’m kind of a blank slate. Tabla Rasa. It’s an in between time. Goal for the next few days: sleep lots, take care of self, love those around me, and HAVE FUN. First step, the BEACH! I’m going to the beach with a shorted haired pixy who is one of the funniest individuals I know. It should be a good time. Malibu here I come…
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment